The Reading Association of the Philippines will hold its national demonstration festival this coming October 27-29, 2016 at Ateneo De Naga University in Naga City with the theme: “Reading Instruction for All: Enabling, Engaging, and Enriching.” Plenary speakers include literacy experts in the country. Likewise practitioners and teachers from different parts of the country and across levels will share their best practices. In this connection, you are invited to participate in the said event. The plenary sessions as well as the demonstration lessons will focus on the following strands:
- Reading Instruction for Advanced Readers
- Reading Instruction for Struggling Readers
- Reading Instruction in Phonics
- Reading Instruction in Vocabulary and Reading
- Reading Instruction in Fluency
- Reading Instruction in Reading and Writing Connection
- Reading Instruction in the Content Area
Educators, teachers, and literacy advocates are invited to share best practices in the classroom or even outside of the classroom. Click here to read about how to submit lesson plans that focus on any of the above strands.
The registration fee is as follows:
- RAP Members, Dep Ed Teachers, Early Registrants (until October 20, 2016): PhP 4,000
- Non- RAP Members/ Walk-in Registrants: PhP 4,500
- Parallel speakers and undergraduate students: PhP 2,000
RAP members need to present their valid ID.
Payments may be deposited to:
Account Name: Reading Association of the Philippines Inc.
Bank of the Philippine Islands Current Account No.: 3081-1721-87
For further information and confirmation of your attendance, you may email rapforliteracy[at]gmail.com or text 09298508729 or 09178559823. Participants are encouraged to register early as slots are limited. The registration fee is inclusive of snacks, lunch, a kit, and a certificate. For undergrad students, registration fee does not include food and kit.