February 14 is International Book Giving Day! To celebrate, we are giving away a free book (*) with any purchase from our showroom or online store made from February 14 to February 20.
IBGD is a volunteer-initiated celebration that aims to put a book in the hands of every child. It’s a great way to celebrate the joy of reading, and here are some ways to join the festivities:
- Give a book to a kid you care about. Give a copy of your favorite children’s book to your kid, neighbor, student, pamangkin, or inaanak! Head over to bookgivingday.com to include cute bookmarks and book tags to your gift.
- Be a mystery book giver. Leave a book somewhere you know kids will be, hand over a book to a random kid you cross paths with, or give a stranger a book for their kid. Don’t forget to wish them a happy International Book Giving Day!
- Contact your favorite literacy group to donate. Help out in the efforts of educational organizations or donate books to your local day care center, library, or public school!
We’re making it even easier to participate by holding our annual 1-hour sale one day before IBGD—79-peso books will be available for only 40 pesos each!
Don’t forget to make kids fall in love with books on Feb 14! Take pictures and tweet about the day: use hashtag #giveabook and tag us: @AdarnaHouse and @bookgivingday.
* One free book will be given to each of the first 300 purchases made beginning February 14, 2016 to February 20, 2016. Customers getting a free book can choose from the titles below (until supplies last):
- Ang Tikbalang, Kung Kabilugan ng Buwan
- Dalawang Bayani ng Bansa
- Diego and Marie
- How Long Till September?
- Magnificent Benito and His Two Front Teeth
- Manik Buangsi
- Si Putot
- The Greediest of Rajahs and the Whitest of Clouds
- The Love of Lam-Ang
- The Moon is My Friend
- The Yellow Paperclip with Bright Purple Spots
- Tiger on the Wall