Here are 3 things you will be enjoying when you come by our showroom on February 8 (Saturday):
- 40 for P40. Our storybooks, usually priced Php 73.00, will be on sale for only Php 40.00 each from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM. (See complete mechanics at the bottom of this post.)
- 40% off. A warehouse sale will be happening on the same day outside our office. Selected items will be available at a discount of 40%.
- 20% off. After 11:00 AM, books that are not included in the warehouse sale or the 40-peso sale will also be available at a discount of 20%.
All these, because February 14 is International Book Giving Day! IBGD is a volunteer-initiated celebration that aims to put a book in the hands of every child. It’s a great way to celebrate the joy of reading, and there are many ways to join the festivities, but bookgivingday.com swears by these gestures:
- Give a book to a kid you care about. Give a copy of your favorite children’s book to your kid, neighbor, student, pamangkin, or inaanak!
- Be a mystery book giver. Leave a book somewhere you know kids will be, hand over a book to a random kid you cross paths with, or give a stranger a book for their kid. Don’t forget to wish them a happy International Book Giving Day!
- Contact your favorite literacy group to donate. Help out in the efforts of educational organizations such as Inquirer’s Read Along, Museo Pambata, Reading Association of the Philippines, Sambat Trust, and DiksyonaryoAtbp.
Don’t forget to make kids fall in love with books on Feb 14! Take pictures and tweet about the day: use hashtag #giveabook and tag us: @AdarnaHouse and @bookgivingday.
- On February 8 (Saturday), our showroom doors will only be open from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM.
- The rest of the morning, only Adarna House staff will be allowed to enter the showroom.
- The forty-peso purchases will be limited to 40 books per person. Invite friends for a purchase of more than 40 storybooks.
- As soon as the clock strikes 11:00AM, the selling of 40-peso books will stop, and only the books in the hands of customers by 11:00 AM will be considered for the sale.
- Be there by 10:00 am to be allowed to settle your purchases past the one-hour mark.
The warehouse sale will include brand new copies of titles from our reference books, preschool books, poetry, and big books.
Payments on cash basis only. This is a map to our office, and here are instructions on how to get here. For inquiries, you may call Tina at 352-6765 local 114.
One response to “40 storybooks at 40 pesos each, & more!”
Pingback: Art atbp. SALE for typhoon survivors | The Adarna House Blog