We are happy to announce that starting on February 1, 2013, our Araw sa Palengke app for the iPad can be downloaded for free from the App Store!
Experience the story, written by May Tobias-Papa and illustrated by Isabel Roxas, cited as one of the 1st National Children’s Book Award Best Reads in 2010 by the National Book Development Board (NBDB) and the Philippine Board on Books for Young People (PBBY). Available in both English and Filipino, the app lets kids enjoy every step of a young girl’s first trip to the market. A sorting game and a cooking game are featured as well.
- Interactive – Immerse yourself in every page of A Day in the Market’s digital narrative. Manipulate different characters and objects to see how they react. Watch your child interact and discover the different interactions throughout the story.
- Sounds and Visuals – A Day in the Market is complete with colorful visuals, a playful musical score, and interesting sounds effects to delight every reader.
- Narration – Listen to the story in two languages! Narrations can be toggled between English and Filipino.
- Sorting Game – Sort the food Nanay bought from their exciting trip in the market in a fun and easy way.
- Cooking game – Discover and cook your favorite Filipino dish with the different ingredients encountered in the story.
* * *
Meanwhile, congratulations to our Facebook friends Jieneth Lleve Simpao, Jerson Capuyan, Mary Hazel Bisenio-Bautista, Belle Nakpil, and Akosipinyong Cadiz for correctly guessing the book on our app, and for winning a storybook of their choice!
2 responses to “Araw sa Palengke available on the App Store on Feb 1”
thank you po sa prize! will go there this saturday. =)
just downloaded the app and can’t wait to show it to my daughter
Pingback: Building a Diverse Digital Library | Born Reading