The Philippine Board on Books for Young People (PBBY) is now accepting entries for the 2013 PBBY-Alcala Prize.
The winner shall be given a cash prize of P25,000.00, a gold medal, and an opportunity to be published. Prizes will be awarded in an appropriate ceremony to be held during the celebration of National Children’s Book Day on July 16, 2013.
- The contest is open to all Filipino citizens except those who are related to any PBBY member up to the third degree of consanguinity.
- Entries must be based on the 2013 PBBY-Salanga Prize-winning story by Michael Jude Tumamac, “Ngumiti si Andoy.” A copy of the story may be requested from the PBBY Secretariat or downloaded here or from the PBBY website.
- All entries must be original unpublished illustrations that have not won in any previous contest.
- All entries must consist of three (3) illustrations that are of the same size and medium.
- A contestant may send in more than one (1) entry.
- Each entry must be signed by a pen name only, preferably on a small piece of paper pasted on the back of each artwork. Entries with a signature or any identifying marks are automatically disqualified.
- Together with each entry, contestants must submit a separate envelope, on the face of which only the pen name of the contestant shall appear. The envelope must contain the contestant’s full name, address, contact numbers, short description of background, and notarized certification vouching for the originality of the entry and for the freedom of the organizers from any liability arising from the infringement of copyright in case of publication.
- All entries must be sent to the PBBY Secretariat, c/o Adarna House, 109 Scout Fernandez cor. Scout Torillo Sts., Quezon City by March 14, 2013.
- Winners will be announced no later than April 19, 2013. Non-winning entries must be claimed no later than May 31, 2013, after which they will no longer be the responsibility of the organizers.
For more details, interested parties may contact PBBY by calling (02) 3526765 local 203 or e-mailing pbby[at]adarna.com.ph.