Play Science: Toys, Experiments, Field Trips – 9:00am – 10:30am
Science should be fun and interesting! Encourage your students to learn through different activities that will make them look forward to your next Science class. Learn about toys you can use to teach facts, how to do amazing experiments, and where to go for enjoyable field trips which your students will love.
Storytelling and Science – 10:30am – 12:00nn
Spark your students’ interest in Science through wonderful stories! Help students better understand difficult concepts. Be surprised at how they can easily recall information shared to them through children’s literature. Learn about books you can use from Grades 1 to 6 to teach Science through storytelling.
Teach and Advocate – 1:00pm – 3:00pm
Encourage students to be environmentally aware through classroom activities and school events. Find out how to plan and execute an environmental initiative. Learn how to get students to actively participate. Develop fresh ideas for school environmental campaigns and discuss with fellow science teachers how these can be implemented in school.
Be Involved! – 3:00 – 4:00pm
Get to know Greenpeace, an environmental NGO active in various campaigns to protect the environment. Learn more about how some schools have supported them in some of their initiatives. Be inspired by how passion and volunteerism has shaped Greenpeace as an organization.
These lectures shall be facilitated by topnotch educators from prestigious learning institutions in the Philippines: UP National Institute of Geological Sciences and Institute of Environmental Sciences, UP Integrated School, and The Raya School. Greenpeace South East Asia will be present to cap the lecture series.
The lecture will be held at UP Balay Internasyonal, located at Guerrero corner Dagohoy Streets, University of the Philippines, Diliman, Quezon City. The registration process is as follows:
- Fee: Php 750 (Regular) / Php 650 (Early Registration or Group)
- Registration Guidelines:
- Send us the name, e-mail address, landline, and mobile number of the participant through firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 3723548 local 110.
- The early registration fee would apply to those who register and pay on or before October 27, 2008. Group registrations (with 3 or more participants) will also be able to enjoy the lower rate.
- Participants may deposit their payments to the company bank account (BPI Kamuning Branch, Acount Name: Adarna House Inc., Account Number 3141-0715-39)
- Bank deposit slips should be labeled with participant’s name and faxed to 372-35-48 loc 115.
- An official receipt will be issued to the participant during the workshop.
- Only a maximum of 40 participants will be accommodated.
- The workshop fee is inclusive of meals, snacks, books, and materials to be used for the whole day.
If you have questions or further inquiries, and/or would like to register, you may reach us through 372-35-48 loc 110 or through email@example.com.